Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer = CAMP!

One of the things I love the most about my job is seeing The Salvation Army's programs and services at work.  I had the fun opportunity to visit our Camp Grandview two times last month and go on tours with our board members and donors.  Camp Grandview is our overnight camp up in the mountains of Jasper, GA.  The stories you will hear of kids who come here and don't want to go home will just break your heart.  When I was a kid, I didn't want to go home from camp because I was having so much fun with my friends.  Some of these kids don't want to go home because of their environments at home.  The theme this year is Super Heroes and that we all can have Super Powers with the Holy Spirit.  Here is a small glimpse of my time at camp.   



Seeing this, took me back to when I was a teen and a camp counselor.




 The teens with the summer Conservatory program performing for us 
They stay and study the various arts for 4 weeks

 A teen from Cartersville sharing how much coming to camp changed her life!


 Captain Sturdivant oversees the camp and he shares stories of boys and girls who have come to camp.
  Sharptop Mountain by the lake - beautiful!

No comments: